Monday 26 November 2012

Onion Rings - The best snack in the whole world...

Party time,snack time or even when I'm jobless or bored..The only food that I can ever  think of is onion rings.So all this time I used to buy onion rings from Mc Donalds. Only a week back I found this quick recipe to make onion rings..The best part it had no bread crumbs mentioned in the recipe list...And I knew I had hit jackpot because in my home no one makes anything with breadcrumbs,so they dont allow me to buy it..
So here's the recipe for you guys 



(Sorry about the effects on the picture.My cousin just learned how to edit pics in her school,and she was begging me to allow her to edit my picture.So sorry guys!!!)

Ingredients

All purpose flour or maida
Onions - appropriately sliced rings
Baking powder - a pinch
Salt - as required
Pepper - as required
Buttermilk
Oil - for frying


The Making
  • Cut the onion into rings of medium size and lay them aside.
  • In a bowl mix together flour,salt,pepper,baking powder and set aside.
  • In another bowl pour the buttermilk.You can add pepper to this if you prefer.
  • Take a ring,dip in the buttermilk,then coat it with the mixture,then again dip in buttermilk,and finally coat in mixture and set aside.Follow this procedure for all your rings.
  • Now deep fry the onion rings until they turn golden brown.Serve with tomato sauce or any chutney you like.

0 comments:

Post a Comment